Let's keep in short and sweet this week...
We've been building up our Lore (a body of traditions and knowledge) on the subject of smart building technology for the last 2+ years. I know this because our (particularly) nerdy terms and acronyms—IDL, ASC, etc—are gaining steam and showing up in specifications, investor pitch decks, and conference agendas around the world.
Part of my job as the founder of this amazing community is to help define and curate our Lore.
So today, I'm sharing our white paper on the core concepts that come up again and again in this newsletter, on the Nexus podcast, in the Nexus Foundations course, and in Nexus Pro gatherings, and in the community chatroom.
How do you think it turned out?
Let us know on LinkedIn,
—James Dice, Founder of Nexus Labs
P.S. Did you see we relaunched our Jobs board last week? Scroll down to check it out and/or post a job.
P.P.S. In case you missed it, we also launched a sponsorship program last week. To grab your place in this newsletter and on the Nexus Podcast, check out our sponsorship opportunities page.
✖ At the Nexus
Here’s everything worth sharing from Nexus HQ this week:
★ PODCAST: 🎧 #111 Tenant apps: the why, what, and how with Prasan Kale—Episode 111 is a conversation with Prasan Kale, co-founder and CEO of Rise Buildings, which was acquired by VTS in 2021 and is now VTS Rise.
We talked about:
- Why VTS acquired Rise and Lane Technologies
- How tenant apps like Rise integrated with other systems in the buildings and in the cloud
- Rise’s patented beacon technology and how it’s used to track space usage
- How tenant apps help with getting people back to the office
- What impact they have on leasing renewals
- What analytics, or data exhaust as Prasan calls it, can be produced by a tenant app to help support business decisions on the landlord side.
★ MEMBERS-ONLY EVENTS THIS MONTH:
- New Member Orientation: Nexus Founder, James Dice, hosts an introduction to the Nexus Labs Community and how you access and take advantage of all the resources that come with your Pro Membership. This is for new members or those who've not taken advantage of all the resources at the Nexus Community. August 16th @ 3:00pm MT
- Subject Matter Expert Workshop: Pro Member, Michelle Zamora, will be our expert on Creating Better Places in the Metaverse of Milano Innovation District (MIND).
- Pro Member Gathering: The subject is TBA. August 31st @ 9:00am MT.
Join Nexus Pro now to get the invites and access to the recordings.
★ READ OF THE WEEK: How SEC ESG disclosure rules will impact private companies
★ JOBS: Are you hiring? Searching for a job in smart buildings?—We've relaunched the Nexus Labs Jobs Board and we've made job postings free.
It's got great jobs from LMRE, Audette, Alutra, Embue, WiredScore, AVUITY, Lockheed Martin, Thoughtwire, Switch Automation, WSP, Buro Happold, Gridium, Gridpoint, McKinstry, Vanti, Aquicore, Honeywell, Synchronoss Technologies.
👋 That's all for this week. See you next Tuesday!
Whenever you're ready, there are 3 ways Nexus Labs can help you:
1. Take our shortcut to learning the Smart Buildings industry here (300 students and counting)
2. Join our community of smart buildings nerds and gamechangers here (400 members and counting)
3. (NEW) Sponsor our newsletter & podcast & get 5k+ nerdy eyeballs and earholes on your brand, product, or business.